Terrifically Tacky sheets (you can use the stuff on the rolls but, that's a lot more work. It comes in sheets now at Michaels!)
Translucent microbeads
Pentel R.S.V.P™ or pen of similar style
Scissors and/or paper trimmer
Bead tray or suitable container
Ruler
Bone folder or other burnishing tool
Embossing heat tool
Colorful scrapbook paper with small, repeating design
I modified instructions I found at splitcoast stampers. Click here.
I am not a stamper, so I used a small piece of scrapbook paper instead of the stamped label. I first created a template from scrap cardstock that measured 3 1/4" x 1 1/2." Cut your paper and your Terrifically tacky sheets and set aside. Fill a shallow container (that will fit the length of the pen) with your clear microbeads. Peel off the protective coating from one side of your cut terrifically tack sheet and place on the back side of your decorative scrapbook paper. Carefully wrap around the pen, and smooth out any bubbles. Edges should overlap. Remove the protective coating from your 2nd piece of terrifically tacky tape and carefully wrap around the front of your paper. Edges should overlap. Place the pen in the beads and roll around until beads stick to the entire pen. Heat set it for about 10 seconds with an embossing heat tool. Cut skinny ribbons and tie in a knot on the pen cap.
Cost: Expensive for one pen but, about a dollar a piece if you want to make at least 6. I can usually do about 20 pens out of one container of microbeads.

No comments:
Post a Comment