Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grace's Baby Quilt



This is a baby quilt for my good friend Shannon. Shannon & I go waaaaay back to our single girl days. We had some great times before we both got married. Shannon just had her first baby, a precious little girl named Grace. Shannon gravitates towards vintage fabrics so these were a must. This project took more time than it took her to grow a baby. I found the pattern at the Dallas Quilt show and knew this was it! It's hard to see but, I hand embroidered phrases like peek-a-boo and baby girl throughout the quilt. The name is appliqued near the center. I did everything but the actual quilting, because let's face it, I'm slow and the baby was born 3 weeks ago. At my rate I would have it done just in time for high school graduation. The ladies at Old Town Quilts in Keller did an awesome job! Amazingly, they were able to finish my project in just one day!

5 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Oh my heavens, Gwen! It is beautiful!! What a lucky little girl!

Party of Two said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So precious! We love Auntie Gwen!

Gracie

Chris said...

That is beautiful!!! We need to get together, I would love to do one for each of the kids!
You are sooo talented!
Chris

Cynthia Lyn said...

Looks really good.