I had big plans for Adam's birthday on Oct. 30. Luckily, I recovered from morning sickness just in time to get a nasty little cold. Finally by Thursday, I was ready to venture out into the world. I needed to vote, Adam wanted to get a haircut and go to Chick-fil-A. He loves the haircut place and was so excited to go because they have a train table. He hasn't had the privilege of going to Cool Cuts for kids the last few times since I paid $18 for half a haircut due to bad behavior. I should have made him stick it out but, I was getting the mother of the year looks from other patrons and when your child gets nicked & starts bleeding for the 3rd time you've just got to make a mom judgement call.
Our big plans were foiled when I decided to take an evening shower before going out. As I was getting dressed I was greeted by screams from the living room. I see a stick on the floor and a crying 4 year old holding his left eye. (Strangely reminescent of earlier in the week when I was greeted from screams of 4 year old holding the same eye and a can of lysol on the living room floor.) Not being a medical professional, nor an eye expert we hurried on to urgent care. I was expecting to wait hours on end to be seen but, little known fact if you have an eye injury you get bumped to the front of the line. Just remember if your kid ever breaks his arm, just poke him in the eye before you go in. It's for the greater good.
Happy 4th birthday son. Next year you get to be a pirate so we can get you an eye patch for that left eye.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oh boy. . . I hate that. You need your privacy to shower, but the kdis ALWAYS seam to get into trouble when you are away and out of reach for a few minutes. Poor kid. . . poor mommy . . .
Post a Comment