Last week Adam & Hadley & I checked out Finders Keepers 30 percent off sale. (Finders Keepers is a resale shop that specializes in children's items.) Adam was excited because they have a play area (the size of 8 single baby gates assembled together in a square.) Needless to say that when we arrived, and 4 children were already crammed in the designated toy area, there was no room for Adam. He roamed with me hoping the other kids would leave soon. When they didn't he decided he would just take his chances so he could get in on the toy action. After a few minutes he found me to excitedly report/yell his experiences in the fun zone.
"Mom, they have a black girl in there --with wheels, that the other kids were poking with chickens!" (...he went on and on about this black girl - loudly)
I had never heard Adam refer to anyone by their different races. Also, I was fairly certain responsible adults are supposed to break up any poultry gouging. I'm not going to lie, the curiosity got the better of me. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get to unleash motherhood on some wild kids when I saw this:

...apparently, they had a black GRILL, with wheels that other kids were poking with chickens.
1 comment:
Can't...stop...laughing! I'm glad the entertainment never ends in the Hooste household!
Post a Comment