Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who's the boss?

Tonight I came home and Jared had already put Adam to bed. Adam was still awake, and decided that tonight was the night to implement new ways to postpone bedtime. His newest technique is asking for multiple drinks of water. When he doesn't get the answer he wants, he'll just ask the other parent hoping he'll get a different answer. Jared & I have been really good about backing the other one up but, now we are finding it we are having to provide a united front on frivolous day to day things with Adam.

Adam: "I think I need water"
Me: "Did you ask Daddy?"
Adam: He said, "no."
Me: "Well, if Daddy said no, then the anwer is no."
Adam: "Can you ask him?"
Me: "Yes, but I agree with Daddy, and if daddy says no, then the answer is no."
Adam: "But you're the boss of him!"

How can you argue with that?

3 comments:

Brandy said...

How did you teach Adam that? I love it.

Amy said...

Love it! lol!
:)

The Reimers Family said...

What an observant little guy:)