Sunday, November 8, 2009

And the biscuits flew out the door...

I'm a spectacular cook. This morning, when Adam came into my room at 6:30 am requesting a cereal bar that he is capable of grabbing without me, I thought now is the perfect time to display my culinary skills.

Nothing gets me out of bed as happily as hearing different ranges of "mommy, mo-ommy, mah-me!" before the sun gets up.

I was already cheerful as I popped open a can of biscuits and plopped them down on the cookie sheet. While I was masterfully cooking breakfast, I was simulteanously able to reconstruct an entire lego helicopter for a busy red head.

Somehow I missed the timer indicating the biscuits being done, and before I knew it our meal was perfectly cajun style. I thought the biscuits might still be slightly edible, if we pulled off the top...and the bottoms...and possibly some of the edges. While I was letting them cool on the stove, the smoke detector went off.

I found that while Jared can sleep through Adam's morning wakeup call, he will not sleep through the ultimate alarm clock.

It wasn't even 7 am yet, and to regain order some days the biscuits just end up out the door. Thank heavens for Eggo waffles and a sweet husband.



No comments: