Monday, November 9, 2009

Toasted Cinnamon Walnuts

I found this recipe from allrecipes.com. It got overall good reviews, but every person that commented said they added something to make the recipe great. So I thought, I'll just add all these ingredients together and it will be really good. And they were! I had walnuts on hand, so I used those to test out the recipe. I think it would work with any nut.

Ingredients:

1 egg white
1 tspn. vanilla
1/3 cup cooled, melted butter
3-4 cups walnuts/almonds/pecans
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tspn. salt
1 tspn. cinnamon (more could be added if you like cinnamon)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to a low 250 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, or layer it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-large bowl lightly beat the egg with a whisk, add vanilla, and beat until frothy, but not stiff. Add the melted butter, and beat again. Add the nuts and stir until well coated.
3. Mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Sprinkle over the nuts. Toss to coat, and spread evenly in one layer on the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments: