Friday, December 11, 2009

Family Resemblance?


I've gotten a lot of comments on my parenting skills this week. The 5 year old we reside with is sick and tired of not getting enough candy or presents with every shopping trip and has had it up to his red head about our vegetable policy. I didn't realize his resentment would spill over to wish for new parents.

Today, Adam had a play date with his 4 year old friend, Troy. For entertainment, Adam was showing off one special photo Christmas card to his friend. It is the one of our friends Dylan & Paige (pictured above.)

Troy asked, "Who are they"
Adam responded proudly, "That's my mom and dad"

Troy looked puzzled. Even he could tell there was something not quite right about that statement.

As I dispelled the truth that the card was not of us, he said, "oh, well that guy has the same sweater as my dad."

There you have it. Apparently if you start to dress like us, you gain custody of our child.

Oh, and Dylan & Paige how about visitation every other weekend and 1 month in the summer? I figured we could just split Adam's college tuition.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

msbee said...

Adam is such a cutie!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, that was so funny!! I'm all about splitting the college tuition with another couple. Now that would be nice!!