Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's not perfect, but it's done

Hadley's other hairbow holder could not hold all the ones I've made for her. I decided a back up hairbow holder was in order. (Don't judge me, I've waited for a girl for a long time!) She has a lot of mini bows that won't work until she grows some more hair! This will hold those until we put them back into the rotation.

I've been trying to challenge my creativity by only using things that I have around the house instead of buying new stuff. Other than the frame I got at a church yard sale for only 50 cents, I used fabric, ribbon, & paint that I had on hand. I probably wouldn't have picked all this if I went out and bought supplies for this project, but it made for a cheap project using leftovers. The pink paint matches the pink ribbon much better in person.

This was really easy to make. I painted the frame with a few coats of craft paint. I was out of spray sealer, so I just put a coat of modge podge on top to give it a slight shine. I wrapped the cardboard backing with fabric & ribbon and hot glued it in place on the back only. Then stuck it back in the frame, and got rid of the glass.

Hadley has a crooked wall behind her door. I thought this would be a great place to hang this, out of the way. I completely under-estimated the amount of space that was on the wall, and there is no way this will fit! So it's not perfect, but it's done! I'm thinking of attaching it to the inside of her closet door instead.

1 comment:

Haley's Bowtique said...

oh that is super cute..I made one for my daughter a couple days ago and and it's already filled up..I'm making her a matching one for her to put pictures on..