I was baking up a storm today. I've been craving these, and thought great, I'll make them for my visiting teaching girls, and then I can have some without going overboard. After checking the weight loss blog of our 100 days challenge group, I'm thinking of anonymously delivering some to the big losers so far, just to even things out. Wait, they read my blog, drat.
Nonstick Cooking Spray
1 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter (do not substitute margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Assorted garnishes: orange zest, maraschino cherries, toasted almond slices, whipped topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 325. Spray wells of mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2/3 cup f chocolate chips & butter into medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 40-60 seconds until smooth, stirring after every 20 second interval.
Add sugar & egg into the same bowl as melted chocolate. Add flour, mix just until flour is incorporated. Divide batter evenly among wells, filling about 2/3 full. Using a mini tart shaper, gently tap batter to create level tops. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges or set. (Do not overbake.)
While brownie cups are baking: Pour heavy whipping cream into microwave safe container. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes until hot. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips & whisk until smooth. Place container into freezer for 10-12 minutes or until mixture is cool & starting to thicken. Stir after each 5 minute interval. Spoon ganache into a ziploc bag & close.
Remove pan from oven & cool 2 minutes. (If you have a cookie cooling rack, set pan on this to cool faster) Press tops of brownies with mini-tart shaper to make indentions. Cool in pan for 3 minutes. Carefully remove brownie from pan. Trim corner of ziploc bag with a very small hole, just enough for the ganache to flow through. Pipe ganache evenly into brownie cups. Garnish if desired.
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies:
Check out my friend Summer's blog for the recipe.

3 comments:
haha...plotting a sabotage are you? "Very sneaky sneaky, sir!" :)
And they were oh so divine. Thanks for making me fat!!
Mmm... I was just thinking about going downstairs to eat the last one. Should I?
Why not... See you tomorrow!
I'll help you bake, and deliver the brownies!!! ;)
They look fantastic!
Post a Comment