Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Now that's Customer Service

Wow, it's rare that you get great customer service!

Our kitchen faucet has been leaking due to a hairline crack that has formed under the faucet sprayer head. Whenever we turn on the water a second stream starts dripping out into the sink & down the base of the faucet. It's completely functional, but occasionally I burn my hands from the hot water that drips when I washing dishes. A little annoying.

Since we are selling our house, I felt like I needed to fix this. The cheapest faucet I could find in a similar style was on clearance for $84. That's kind of pricey since we are only planning on living here about another month.

While I was at Home Depot today the HD guy asked me what kind of faucet I currently have. It's one by Price Pfister. He told me to call because all of their products have lifetime warranties. Since this was installed by our home's builder 6 years ago, I didn't have any kind of receipt or warranty paperwork. I was sure they wouldn't be able to help, but I was pleasantly surprised when I emailed customer service.

The company sincerely apologized for the problem and are sending me out a replacement part, for free. I only have to pay $5 for shipping. Since I was looking at paying a lot more for a new faucet, I am thrilled to pay only $5. I was really surprised that I didn't get hasseled about not having paperwork or receipts. They didn't even ask me for it. Wow!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Niiiice!!!
I love it when that happens and what a HUGE blessing right now when you don't have a money tree growing in your backyard!!!