(Are you seeing a trend with the great photos Adam is taking? We must be in some weird awkward photo stage.)
When I told Adam my plan, he said, "No thanks."
The lure of staying up past bedtime was tempting. Wearing church clothes in the evening was not as thrilling.
As I was getting him dressed, he told me, "...but we already had a date!"
I inquired when was this date? He replied, "When we went to Chuck E. Cheese together." That was last year. His poor future wife. I can only imagine. "...but honey, I just took you out on a date last year."
Overall, it was fun, but Adam may need to mature a little more before I have any more great ideas. In the second song he asked to go the bathroom, and then stepped on every member of the neighboring family's feet on the way out the aisle. (We did take a restroom break before we got in there.) By song number four, he was asking to go home. I found a piece of chewing gum in my pocket and that bought me 30 minutes. He was able to make it through the entire program. I'm not sure he enjoyed it as much as I did, but I'm glad we did it.
I'll just let him pick the location of the next date night. Sometime next year.

3 comments:
That is so great! What a fun idea! He'll appreciate the thought later on and I'm sure you will teach him all about how date nights occur a lot more than just once a year!!!
So are you telling me there's no hope for me taking Jack to one of these things someday? We were just downtown the other night and saw a bunch of moms/daughters coming out of the Bass Peformance Hall, dressed up, clearly enjoying themselves and I thought that it would be so hard to convince a boy to get dressed up to have fun!
By the way, I tried your potato soup recipe and it was yummy. Thanks for the idea.
He is SUCH a character!!!
Post a Comment