This is a repost from last year, but so good! I've updated the recipe since the chocolate from last year is no longer made. I suggest using both Ghirardelli chocolate chips, but I used what I had. Here's a tutorial. This would be great on Valentine's Day!

Image courtesy of Ghirardelli.com
Ghiradelli Souffles
1/2 bag of Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate
1/2 bag of Ghiarardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar **
6 egg whites
4 egg yolks
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
ten 6 oz. ramekins (or eight 7 oz - pictured above)
Optional: Powdered sugar, Lightly sweetened whipped cream, Ice cream, raspberries or strawberries
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 with a rack in the lower 3rd. (These can be made ahead of time & refrigerated for up to two days.) Once cooked, serve immediately.
Butter & sugar your ramekins. Pour about a tspn. of sugar and dump the extra into the next buttered ramekin. Repeat until all are done. These came from Walmart.
Divide batter among the ramekins, filling each about 3/4 full or 1/2 cup worth of batter. Cook immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to two days before cooking.
Bake souffles on a cookie sheet until they rise and crack and a toothpick comes out with thick gooey crumbs, about 15-20 minutes. Previously refrigerated souffles may need to cook 3-5 minutes more. Sieve powdered sugar over souffles and serve immediately. Top with desired toppings.
To see original post click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment