Being pregnant cuts out all the extreme fun things I could do on my birthday, you know like sky-diving and jumping on trampolines. All I wanted to do on my birthday was have a good dinner with friends and a fancy birthday cake. We went to The Keg and had great steaks. One of the kid's moms from when I taught makes cakes. She did a great job on my cake. I think the other tables were wishing they could join our party just for the dessert. Overall, I feel fine about turning 30. I've done everything I've wanted to do this decade. I've finished college, studied art history in Italy, traveled through parts of Europe, been in love, married this guy that makes me laugh all the time, had a career, and became a mom to a sweet, goofy red-head. I'm happy in my own skin, and I'm happy at the place I'm at. I suppose it's time to sit down and make some new plans for the upcoming decade but, then again, I've got 10 years for that.
The Cake

4 comments:
Georgeous cake! Catia?
Hope your day was super-wonderful!!!
Mmmmm The Keg sounds so yummy! I'm glad you had a good birthday, and that have done so much of the things you have wanted to do! And what a good looking cake!
Happy Birthday Gwen!!! That cake is beautiful!
I hope when I'm 30 I'll feel like you! What a great place to be! Looks Hope you had a great birthday! The cake is gorgeous!
Post a Comment