Here's my very first quilt, finally finished, after 4 years! I decided when Adam was a baby to make him a quilt that he could lay on/play on while we were at church. I got the top done relatively easily and then realized I completely lacked the skills to go any further. Then I somewhat figured out how to do the hand quilting (which I'll never do again) and then again realized I had no idea how to do binding. The quilt would sit untouched for 6 mos. increments until I could figure out the next step. In the midst of all this frustration, my husband commented about how the quilt was kind of girly, so the quilt was exiled for a long while as my son started nursery and no longer needed a play blanket. The quilt resurfaced as I was digging out all the stuff from our office/craft room and turning it into a somewhat useable nursery. I realized all I needed to do was the binding, and I now know how to do that from other quilts I've finished. I finished this off fairly easily and now little miss Hadley will have a play blanket. Which is good because it is kind of girly. (Sorry for the crooked picture, I cannot figure out how to take a good photo of quilts)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The top always seems the easy part to me. Yeah...I have an afghan that I started oh, ummm...10 years ago and so it still sits in my closet waiting for me to get around to it. someday....
Must feel good to get it done after all these years!
That's not that girly, but I'm sure your new sweetie will appreciate it! I'm so shocked that you of all people didn't know how to finish a quilt.
Post a Comment