I know I've done a recycled crayon tutorial on here before but, this way is way easier than the candy molds. I've seen online where people have used muffin tins to recycle crayons. I've always wanted to try it but, never wanted to take the plunge in case it ruined my pan. I was at Hobby Lobby this week and saw this wilton halloween pan. I had a 40 off coupon and decided to go for it. I'm glad I did they turned out adorable! We are going to pass these out for Adam's pre-k class next month for Halloween/Adam's birthday (if we are allowed).

This pan worked great because the individual cavities were a little deeper than candy molds.

Step 1: Peel all your crayons, and break into pieces.

Step 2: Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Wipe any excess.
Step 3: Put crayons in pan. We needed 4-5 crayons per individual cavitity. As you can see, we didn't have enough this batch.

Step 4: Bake at 275, for 7-8 minutes
...and wait.

Let the crayons completely cool, flip the pan over and they'll fall right out.
The best part it didn't damage my pan. I was extremely careful though in pulling them out of the oven so I didn't get hot crayon splashes on my pan. You could also just turn off the oven a couple minutes early and let them cool as the oven cools. If you can wait that long!
4 comments:
Great idea!!! Those would be fun to pass out to trick or treaters! I love Adam sitting in front of the oven window waiting!
Very cute!
Love it!!!!
Too cute!
Post a Comment