Jared told me that his mom always had Christmas sheets & pillowcases that they would get to use during the month of December. He told me how excited he would get as a kid because he would know that Christmas was coming soon.
Adam's birthday is the day before Halloween. We love the fall, the cooler weather, the pumpkins, and the colors of the changing leaves. October is my favorite month for all of these reasons.
I thought it would be fun to make Halloween pillowcases for us to use during the month of October. My mom treated me to a fabric spree, and I whipped these up. They were super easy & fast.
(Measurements for a standard pillowcase is 20" x 26")
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric 22" x 33" (This should allow for some shrinkage after washing the finished pillowcase.)
- The short open sides are folded over 1/4" and ironed under. Then fold the same side over 3 1/2" and ironed in place. Sew seam in place. Do this for both pieces.
- Place right sides together. Sew a 1/2" seam allowance around the three "closed" sides.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out and you are done!
FABRIC: If your fabric is directional, you'll need more fabric. I used 1 & 1/2 yards for Adam's skeleton one. If your fabric is non-directional, you can get away with less because you can fold it the other direction (meaning the pattern won't be upside down on the back side of the pillowcase.)
Although I'm making the kids trick or treat bags, these would be great to use on Halloween night to collect candy.

1 comment:
This is random, and I promise I'm not a wierdo :) I was looking at my own blog (which hasn't been updated FOREVER smallingworld.blogspot.com if you want to make sure I'm not crazy) and hit "next blog" and it was yours. I'm loving your recipes and ideas, but then I skimmed and saw your husband is Jared (so is mine!) and your son has a day before Halloween bday (so does mine)! Is he turning 6? Mine is. Also love the checkers idea (I noticed sight words, so I'm guessing he's around the same age as my Jack). Anyway, I just thought that was too random to not comment :) Don't feel like you have to publish it though!
-Melanie Smalling
Post a Comment