Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's for Dinner

Jared was a bit ambitious when he helped me with the shopping last week. I asked for tomatoes, and he came home with 12. Yes, 12. Not wanting to be wasteful I told him to figure out something that could use up all those tomatoes.

He came up with a tomato, garlic, bell pepper, onion & tomato sauce deliciousness. I'm not sure what he calls it, but it was good. Chef Jared strikes again. We used it to top over spaghetti noodles on Sunday, and we had a ton of the vegetable mixture left. I found this Jambalaya recipe that will use the rest of his creation for tonight's dinner.

This week we are also having:
Greek Salad (I still have the rest of those tomatoes to use up!)

Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin (I'll be making this for the first time tomorrow, but I've had it and it was amazing! Thanks Jess for the recipe! You can even find all the ingredients for this at Aldi's.)

Double Potato Soup (I use vegetable broth, if I can find it.)

We'll have a couple of simple nights with sandwiches, salad, & pasta in the mix.

1 comment:

ColleenandKendra said...

Goodness, I hope those 12 tomatoes were on a good sale! I like that you post your meals for the week. I get in a rut and it is good to see what other people are doing. Plus, you are doing healthy stuff, which I need to do more than I am doing now!