This week's dinner:
T: Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage Lasagna & Green Beans Recipe Here.

image courtesy of Johnsonville.com
I make few changes to the recipe
- I use a 9 x 9 pan because I don't think there is enough sausage to do the larger one.
- I cook 9 whole grain noodles, but don't always use all of them. I tear them to fit in the pan.
- I make 3 -4 layers until I run out of room.
- I use Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage, remove casing and brown.
- I use about 3/4 large can of chunky tomato sauce or your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- I get one bag (2 cups) of shredded mixed cheese (mozzarella, etc) instead of using 2 cups of mozzarella & 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Use your chopper to finely chop your spinach. Super healthy and your kids won't even be able to taste it.
W: Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe Here.
Update on the recipe: **
I didn't have everything on hand, so here are my substitutions. I used two cans of chicken broth, plus 1/2 can of water instead of 6 1/2 cups called for in the recipe. I only used 1 1/2 cups of my favorite cooked rice (Lundberg Jubilee), and used cayenne pepper instead of curry powder. Since my rice takes 50 minutes to cook, I cooked the soup per instructions and then added the cooked rice at the end. It all tasted good, and was creamy.
image courtesy of Summer from the Crooked Curve
Summer T. made this for me about a month ago, and I've been wanting it ever since. Even though I'm stuffed full of lasagna, I can't wait for tomorrow night.
Th: Santa Rosa Valley Salad & almond crackers: This is my friend Brandy's recipe. It's typically more of an appetizer, but I've been craving it! Since the recipe is way o-v-e-r there, and I'm here settled into my jammies on the couch I'll post it later this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment