I have an absolute fear of wasps & bees.
When I was 7 I got stung on my arm while eating a bowl of cheerios in the living room. I threw the bowl out of shock. It hit the ceiling, and rained cheerios down on us. I was certain there were other wasps after me, I ran to my closet to hide. My family has a different account that the timing was only a couple of minutes, but I felt for certain it was at least half an hour before anyone came to check on me.
I think it took that long for them to stop laughing.
Bees & wasps seem to follow me. I don't seek them out, I avoid them. I must put out some kind of fear pheromone that attracts them to me.
I avoided stings through high school, but in college, there was a nest under the stairs of my apartments. They were always getting into my apartment. I had wasp spray tucked away in every room.
As I was moving out, I got stung three times by angry wasps, and ended up losing an entire box of breakables as they plummeted down the stairs.
My family could tell stories of how I am always on guard for the bees & wasps, and will jump up and run off if there are any nearby.
A bee got into my parked car at church today.
I did the most logical thing. I shut all the doors to trap it, and went and got Jared to get it out.
My husband opened all the car doors and assured me that the bee was gone. We did see one fly by near one of the open car doors. I was not so sure. He eluded that "even if it was still in there, it wouldn't make it through the remaining 2 hours of church closed up with over 100 degree temperatures. " It sounded logical enough.
I was still nervous that the bee would come out of nowhere while we were driving home.
Jared did his best to lovingly tell me I was crazy. We made it home without incident, and I completely forgot it.
Just so you know, bees can make it in a closed car, with exceeding temperatures for over 6 hours.
I found this out as I was dropping things off at friend's house. Thankfully, I was at a stop light when the bee decided to greet me by flying into my face.
I did not handle it well.
Jared is starting to believe that they are after me.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOL! It sure sounds like they're after you, Gwen.
Oh my gosh Gwen tha's so funny! A bee was in my car once before too, with Scarlett in her carseat! Luckily we were just getting in, so I was able to get it out. A really awful thing that happened to me was a couple weeks ago, when I was leaving work at 11pm, I got into my car, and saw a huge cockroach in it!!!!!! There was NO WAY I was getting into my car with that in it. Luckily a friend drove me to WalMart to buy Raid, and I sprayed the heck out of my car, while my friend put EVERYTHING in my car, including the car seat, in the trunk, so it would have no place to hide. Oh I was so freaked out on the ride home. I stopped two times to make sure the roach wasn't anywhere. After all that, I didn't get home until after 1 am. Ugh, it was awful!!!!
Poor Gwen...you must smell REALLY good! Now I know why you wouldn't come over when we had the bee episodes at our house....LOL!
Post a Comment