Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Boil water
3. Grease & Flour two 9" circle pans, or one 9 x 13
4. In large bowl stir sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder & soda & salt
5. Add in eggs, milk, oil, & vanilla
6. Beat medium speed for 2 min.
7. Stir in water. Batter will be thin and runny.
8. Pour into pans. Cook 30-35 min for rounds, 35-40 for rectangle.
(Do not use a bundt pan, batter will overflow. Do not add chocolate chips to the recipe they sink to the bottom of your pan and will keep your cake from releasing from pan.)
Frosting: I just use store bought frosting because I haven't found a good chocolate one I like.

1 comment:
I love the "don'ts" at the end of your recipe. I'm guessing you learned these thru experience?
Post a Comment