Jared got this recipe from a co-worker when he used to work at the credit union. I have tried & failed more times than I can count on getting this pudding to set up. I followed her recipe, but I think there must be too much of something in my failed attempts that was preventing it from working. The good news even the mistakes tasted delicious, just extremely runny. I finally mastered it, with some modifications.
The Ingredients:
16 oz of Heavy Whipping Cream
3.4 oz box of INSTANT banana/banana cream pudding (the small box)
14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup of cold water
1 box of Nilla Wafers
5-7 bananas
Directions:
Using a whisk mix all ingredients except banana & wafers in a bowl. Whisk, by hand, for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 3-5 minutes to set up.
In a small oblong pan, or square pan (8x8 or 9x9) place wafers, flat side down, in the dish. Layer sliced bananas on top of the wafers. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat with wafers & bananas. Top with remaining pudding. Remaining cookies can be crumbled on the top.

3 comments:
Gwen - I just had a piece of the banana pudding - it was delicious! (This is Elizabeth from work with Jared).
Elizabeth - I haven't quite worked out the right water mixture. You can probably add more like a cup of water if the pudding is really setting up. If it starts getting runny, don't add anymore water.
I used whipped cream and cream cheese in mine, and it makes it light and creamy...so good!
Post a Comment