Sunday, December 28, 2008

Found!

I found a blanket that works with the set. It wasn't the one that came with the set but, it was a perfect match. In fact, I think I like it better.

I started painting our office last night to turn it into a nursery. Jared doesn't like to paint. I can usually wrangle him, begrudgingly, for 5 minutes worth of painting if it is a job that I absolutely can not do myself, like reach a tall corner. Other than that, he doesn't do it. I understand, it's not my favorite thing to do but, I sure like living with the end result better than boring, plain walls. I don't mind too much, as he exceeds average husband skills on dishes & laundry. Not wanting to repeat of the difficulty I had painting Adam's nursery while 8 mos. pregnant, I decided to start now while I can still breathe, and fairly easily move up and down a ladder. This room is becoming a challenge. A couple years back when I painted the office, of course I knew we were only going to have one kid then, I chose brown walls. Well, technically Jared chose. I had a handful of paint samples and he said, "I like that one." It wasn't my favorite but, I wanted him to feel involved and was glad, at the time, he had an opinion. Today he swears he didn't pick that color but, he did. (He also said the same thing about our silverware. The very bonds of our 4 mos. engagement were stretched to the limits while registering at Target because we disagreed on the silverware. After we got his choice for a wedding gift, he decided he didn't care for the design. We just didn't know then that it really doesn't matter. Within a few years of marriage, moving, and kids nothing matches anymore anyway. Plus, it really just doesn't matter) Back to the room. Our previous bolder color choice now makes this job double long as I get to prime the entire room first before painting on the pale pink. I think it will be nice when it's done but, I am feeling like I am making little progress. Anyone want to come over for a painting party? :)

1 comment:

The Reimers Family said...

I so wish I could come help you, you poor thing!