I started thinking the other day that we should really come up with a boy name just in case. We have a girl name that people either love or hate, so I'll hold off on revealing that one until we know for sure. I feel like this is a girl but, I am sure there are many moms who just knew what their baby was to find out it was the opposite. Adam has definite opinions on the subject. "I want a baby sister, NOT a baby brother." We keep trying to prepare him that it may be a baby brother and that brothers are good too. Right now he's not hearing of it. Last time we were at the JCP he picked out a lovely dress for his baby sister to go dancing in. (For all those infant dances we will surely be going to.)
We have no idea what to call a boy. Jared continually gives me ridiculous names like "Shadrach, Michelangelo, & Thor." Shadrach Hooste, now that's a kid who is very popular. Anyone have any good boy names they aren't secretly holding in reserves for their future children? We need some help coming up with a good name.
Here's are list of our major naming restraints:
1. No Weird Spellings -- The kid already has the last name Hooste that no one knows how to pronounce or spell correctly the first time.
2. The first name preferably would not be in the top 10 SSN boy names list in the last 5 years.
3. Passes the General Authority/Doctor Name Test (just in case) --Elder Thor Hooste/Dr. Thor Hooste does not pass the test.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Why oh why do husbands insist on suggesting such weird names?? Good luck in finding a boys name. We are in the same boat as you, we have a girl name just in case, but we need a boy name just in case. I think we have decided to wait to figure out a boy name until we know what we are having...that will save me from turning down a lot of names that just shouldn't be names.
Ugh, Jimmy came up with some doozies if we ever had another boy, for a girl he was dead serious when he suggested Daisy, as in a dog. Um, no.
I will think of some names and let you know!
Yes, Husbands come up with different names, that's how Kalel got his name, he didn't like any of my "normal" choices. But then again, I did jokingly tell my mom to name my sister "shunshine ladybug" (I was 17) because I figured with a name like that you would always be happy. I like the names Sean (or shawn, however you want to spell it), and jonathan. Good luck! boy names are harder to come up with than girl names these days, I think.
Post a Comment