Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mid-Week, ugh

Today, I really felt the "hurt" on not eating out.

I made a Target run this morning, and despite eating a small breakfast at home, Chick-fil-a was beckoning my name. It didn't hurt that the munchkin was making the same suggestion from the backseat. Man, I love those chicken mini's.

I resisted and found a bag of mini croissants at Target instead, which we can use the rest with tomorrow's tuna fish sandwiches for lunch. I thought if I could just make it into the store that I was in the clear. Yet temptation still lurked just inside the walls of Target. Oh Starbucks grande hot chocolate with caramel -- why do you torture me?! Yes, I know you would be delicious with my bag of mini croissants. I have to admit that I did weigh the options. Technically I wasn't going through a drive thru, and technically it was inside a store. (Remember my earlier rule that I could get whatever I wanted it just had to be from the store?) I figured justification wasn't the answer. I also remembered last night when Jared considered watching tv just for 30 minutes because he was just going to be sitting feeding Hadley a bottle. He told me he wasn't going to (and I hope he didn't.) I thought if he could do without so could I. Afterall, it's not like I couldn't have hot chocolate, we have an entire box here at home. It's mid week and I'm starting to feel the crunch of breaking bad habits.

If you see us at McD's later, I'm still sticking to the program. I am hoping that my frequent patronage of previous drive thru visits have earned my kids some free play time.

3 comments:

Little Lovables said...

just consider it as "taking yourself out on a date"!

Little Lovables said...

oh, and I saw this way adorable leggings/skirt tutorial and it would look so cute on Hadley!

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/08/repurposing-skirtleggings.html

ColleenandKendra said...

Keep up the good work Gwen! It is hard to give up a habit. You're doing great!