We arrived at the hospital at 6 am, and I was very nervous.
Things moved quickly prior to surgery. I remember meeting the anesthesiologist, but I don't remember him giving me medicine, and I remember being on the operating table after being moved from my bed. Someone made a comment, in the operating room, that it's a skinny bed, but then I was out. It's kind of an odd feeling to know that several hours are just missing from my memory! The nurses have been great, and I'm in good hands.
I'm very sore, but in good spirits. I haven't eaten much, as eating anything makes me nauseous. The nurses gave me 2 doses of zofram, and when that only worked for about an hour, they gave me phenergan (spelling?) in my IV. That let me fall asleep and is much better about controlling my nausea. I have been able to eat a couple of crackers and keep that down, so hopefully I'm on the upside of being able to eat. Luckily, I have not been starving, so it's really not too bad.
The surgery went well. The oncologist left my ovaries at my request (as they weren't affected by cancer). It may not matter because if I do radiation, they won't work after that. However, at least for today, I didn't have to go through menopause at 31.
I got some good rest yesterday, and after being asleep for a solid 4 hours, I'm awake at 2 am. I'm on the 4th floor and have a beautiful view of the trees and all across the city of Grapevine.
Jared has been wonderfully supportive of me. As soon as he could, he came and held my hand. I've got to say, I'm in love with that man!
I should be going home on Thursday night, and my mom is bringing the kids back to me on Friday. Jared will be with me on both of those days. Next week my mom is planning on helping take care of me & the kids while Jared is at work.
I am taking calls on my cell phone, but if I am planning on resting I am turning the ringer off.

1 comment:
You sound like your in better spirits than in other posts. I'm glad to see that. We're thinking and praying for you.
Post a Comment