My friend Jennifer called and told me that her bible study group had picked up a few snack type things for our kids. When she dropped them off, it blew me away because they had filled two laundry baskets! There are tons of snacks & easy meals for the kids. Some of the sweet ladies I knew, and some I didn't. I appreciate their thoughtfulness, especially from the ones I don't know.
My mom has been awesome! She is taking the kids the entire week while I'm in the hospital. I know she'd probably much rather be with me at the hospital, but she knows where I need her is to help with the kids so that they have a consistent, familiar place to be. She never complains, and anticipates my needs of help before I even know to ask for it.
My parents took Adam shopping for new school clothes this weekend. As always, they were so generous in getting him way more than what we absolutely needed. He came home with two pairs of shoes instead of just one, some new jeans, new clothes for church, and lots of shirts to start off his school year! He even got an invitation to stay at Papaw's house for the night and go swimming. He's a lucky little boy!
My friend Natassia gave my toes the sparkly treatment on Saturday! Even though I have a hospital stay in my future I can look down and think, "the rest of me might be a mess, but my toes sure look pretty!"
And of course I can't forget Jenna with our awesome family pictures or Summer for all her help with watching my kids in the last couple of weeks.
I don't know where we would be without all of you. We are so grateful for all that we have. You have made this all a much easier situation. (If you have listened to me whine at all in the last few weeks -- I mean you too!)

1 comment:
It sounds like you have a ton of friends and family who love you! I'm glad your mom is there to watch your kids while in the hospital. If you need help with anything else, even if it's cleaning or doing laundry please don't hesitate to ask!
Post a Comment